Bryston

Generell diskussion om hifi och områden runt hifi.

Moderator: Redaktörer

Användarvisningsbild
Rydberg
Rörlig

Re: Bryston

Inläggav Rydberg » 2019-05-20 20:31

meshuggener skrev:
Rydberg skrev:Grattis till inköpet! :D Har ju själv en BDA-3 här hemma samt ett par 28B3, hade varit kul att testa BP17 Cubed till det. Vad hos Benchmark DAC-2 saknas jämfört med Bryston-kombinationen?

Tack så mycket. Förmodligen det bästa jag gjort hittills efter mina barn :-)
Benchmark dac 2 låter lite instängd och är varmare i karaktären samt ljudbilden är lite diffus. Sämre djup känsla (märkt i efterhand nu)

Bryston kombinationen spelar helt öppet och kristallklart allt är så obesvärat rent samtidigt lent på nått vis.
Ljudbilden har en tydlig uppställning samt både bredare och djupare än Benchmark.

Benchmarken är klart prisvärd med tanke på 1/4 av priset eller dylikt måste man säga.
Kör man i vanligt vardagsrum blir kanske Bryston kombon blir jobbig att lyssna på i längden.
Men nu i dedikerat inorum är det mumma :-)

Rydberg, var det så att du tyckte mera om 7b3 än dina äldre 28bsst2?
Är ubernöjd och vet egentligen varför jag ska ha cube :-)

Nja, 7B3 gjorde vissa saker bättre än 28B-SST men saknade lite själen i ljudet (även om jag får för mig att det blev bättre o bättre ju längre jag hade dem). Nu sålde jag både 28B-SST och 7B3 för att sedan skaffa 28B3. Tycker 28B3 kombinerar båda de föregående stegens kvaliteter, är riktigt nöjd.
Class only looks like arrogance from below.

Användarvisningsbild
meshuggener

Inläggav meshuggener » 2019-05-21 12:19

Förstår det, 28B3 är klart MEGA!!. Har du fått Sybarite audio steget?

Användarvisningsbild
RMA

Inläggav RMA » 2019-05-21 20:31

meshuggener skrev:
Rydberg skrev:Grattis till inköpet! :D Har ju själv en BDA-3 här hemma samt ett par 28B3, hade varit kul att testa BP17 Cubed till det. Vad hos Benchmark DAC-2 saknas jämfört med Bryston-kombinationen?

Tack så mycket. Förmodligen det bästa jag gjort hittills efter mina barn :-)
Benchmark dac 2 låter lite instängd och är varmare i karaktären samt ljudbilden är lite diffus. Sämre djup känsla (märkt i efterhand nu)

Bryston kombinationen spelar helt öppet och kristallklart allt är så obesvärat rent samtidigt lent på nått vis.
Ljudbilden har en tydlig uppställning samt både bredare och djupare än Benchmark.

Benchmarken är klart prisvärd med tanke på 1/4 av priset eller dylikt måste man säga.
Kör man i vanligt vardagsrum blir kanske Bryston kombon blir jobbig att lyssna på i längden.
Men nu i dedikerat inorum är det mumma :-)

Rydberg, var det så att du tyckte mera om 7b3 än dina äldre 28bsst2?
Är ubernöjd och vet egentligen varför jag ska ha cube :-)

Intressant, exakt samma upplevelse som jag har.
Det där stora öppna rena men samtidigt mjuka ljudet :P .
Med Cubed slutsteget kommer du nog få mer av den varan, stor skillnad mellan min 4BSST och 4B cubed.
Kanske inte lika stor skillnad från SST2 dock, men den finns nog där :) .
Svårt att stå emot feelgood känslan som Qubed ger :) .

Användarvisningsbild
meshuggener

Inläggav meshuggener » 2019-08-23 08:26

Jag kör på ett Bryston 14 cube sedan igår.
Det gav samma upplevelse som med dac och försteg(cube)Nu är det mer av ALLT.

Väldigt annorlunda ljudbild mot sst2.
Bredden, djupet och alla lager i musiken äkta bakgrunds tystnad som verkar trolla fram små små detaljer i musiken.

Det finns nu låtar som låter helt verklighetstroget. Ett snäpp bättre än sst2.
MEN sämre inspelningar upplever jag som sämre med cube än med sst2 som var lite mera förlåtande lite köttigare lite mera värme som funkade bättte med tex metal.

Här har man ju tillfälle att ändra motstånd i i32s som idag har 2.2 ohms motstånd att testa gå tillbaka till 1.8ohm som ger lite lite mera "kött och värme"

MEN
Man lär ge steget lite speltid innan någon riktigt utvärdering görs. 100-150 timmar?
(Försteget och dac lät apa första tiden tog nog minst 150-200 timmar innan det lät som det skulle)

2-kanal delen i bion.
Oppon 203 & digione player
Bryston Bda-3. (dac)
Bryston BP 17 cubed(försteg)
i32s / Bryston 14cubed
Y-4 / Bryston 14sst
Ino högtalarkabel samt Holographic audio ULC signalkabel

Användarvisningsbild
RMA

Inläggav RMA » 2019-09-20 20:34

Så här skriver James Tanner på Audio Circle om Cubed. Helt i linje med mina upplevelser. Körde med 4BSST i ca 10 år och kört 4BCubed i några år.

Hi Folks,

A reviewer asked me recently what differences the Bryston Cubed Amplifiers incorporated (because he was smitten) over previous versions of our amplifiers. So I thought our customers might find the following interesting.

BRYSTON Cubed Amplifier Philosophy

FIRST TO LAST WATT PHILOSOPHY:

A significant part of the design criteria for the new Cubed amplifiers was to develop amplifiers that would maintain an ideal power curve through the 'first and last watt'. Most amplifiers exhibit a power curve whereby the best noise floor, drive capability and distortion are maintained from about 1/3 power and up. The new Bryston Cubed series maintain their ideal power curve right from the first watt to the last watt. Think of it like a torque curve in a car. The sweet spot or the torque curve has been expanded.

Achieving this 'First-to-last-Watt' fidelity and clarity has to do with a number of design approaches:

• First is complete freedom from low-level crossover, or zero-crossing, artifacts. This is not as easy as it sounds. Most class-AB amplifiers have sufficient bias to prevent primary crossover distortion, but there is another type of crossover artifact called 'secondary crossover distortion', caused by insufficient speed in the driver transistors. We use very fast drivers to prevent this, but more important is Bryston's proprietary Quad Complementary Output design vastly reduces the capacitance 'seen' by the driver transistors, virtually eliminating storage delay in the output stage that could contribute to nonlinearities in the zero-crossing region.

• Second is Bryston's continuing efforts to reduce low-level noise. The clarity of Bryston's designs is enhanced at low listening levels by pushing the noise floor far below the signal level, improving the 'silence between the notes' and enhancing the clarity of the music at low power levels.

• Third is Bryston's concentration on reducing distortion at all levels, and most especially at high frequencies. Bryston amplifiers are perhaps the only designs to concentrate as much effort at reducing HF distortion artifacts as we do, and the results are remarkably 'flat' THD-with-frequency curves, showing almost no tendency to increase distortion as frequency rises. This has the effect of reducing overall 'haze', helping to pull the quietest passages out of the background.

• In addition to the above, the new Cubed Series employs highly effective RF rejection in the power supplies, which traps and eliminates radio-frequency hash from either interfering with or emanating from the amplifier via the power cable or signal cables.

There are other small contributors to this low-level clarity, some having to do with power-supply design for extreme stability, (and in Stereo or multi-channel amps, separated for each channel), which very notably improves the placement-in-space and focus of the sonic 'image'. We think the overall result is an unprecedented degree of clarity and freedom from artificiality, especially noticeable at lower levels in comparison with other designs, but continuing to even the highest outputs.

Further Info:

A few years ago, we had a review in a Swedish magazine that pronounced the 14B SST2 to be 'perfect'. That was not based on 'he liked it'; it had nothing to do with auditory preference, it had to do with transparency. The reviewer had and still has a setup where he can literally 'bypass' an amplifier to drop it out of the signal path, (dummy speaker load, gain-reduction L-pad, leading to a second amplifier to the speakers). The 14B SST2 turned out to be impossible to detect in the signal path, on any signal they tried, from simple guitar music to full orchestra ffff, to an electronic metronome with instant rise time and no overshoot. And it was the first audio device in his history to do so.

That does not mean the amplifier is actually 'perfect', of course. It just means that it is not contributing, (or subtracting), anything the ear can detect, to or from the signal path in an otherwise exemplary system.

From that result and many others of our own, we concluded that static distortion measurements do not tell the whole story. It would seem that if static THD and IMD are low enough, 0.001% or -100dB, they cease to be relevant factors in the transparency of the device. ‎More important are time smear, deviations in frequency-response, dynamic distortions, noise within the device or from RF interference, etc.

Thus we did not introduce our new 'Salomie' input stage (which we received a patent on) simply to reduce static distortion. Our newest 'Cubed Series' amplifiers do have lower THD and IMD than the 'Squared Series' that preceded them, but not significantly so. They measure out at about 0.001% or a bit below, over almost the entire frequency band. However, and we consider this to be most important, they are quieter and more musically accurate in a number of ways; First, the 20-20K noise is reduced, but the new input stage has far better PSRR, or power-supply rejection ratio. This means hash on the power-supply is rejected, in this case by more than 140dB. The input stage also has much better CMRR, or common-mode rejection. That means it rejects noise coming in on the signal cable much more completely than before. These are dynamic issues that can show up in a real-world system completely apart from static THD and IMD.

The audible improvements we realized with these approaches are rather subtle. They would have to be with amps that started out 'perfect' in at least one reviewer's description, but they show up from very low listening levels, almost whisper-quiet, where the silences are more inky-black than before. It's almost an unconscious realization. They amps also cope better with dirt and hash of all kinds on the power cord, from distorted 60Hz Voltage to RF. Thus the quiet middle-of-the-night listening is even more relaxing and emotionally accessible. The depth of the soundstage and the precision of instrument placement is closer to reality than ever before. ‎
Of course, that's what it really boils down to; recreating the original musical experience in your home. The 'you are there' feeling. It's what we have been pursuing from day one, and are still focused on. The Cubed Series is closer than ever.

james
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:57 pm by James Tanner »

Användarvisningsbild
Morello

Inläggav Morello » 2019-09-25 09:02

Vore nog bättre om Tanner överlät det tekniska till de som faktiskt förstår vad de skriver.
Driver: SYBARITE AUDIO
-Innehar F-skattsedel-

”Messen ist Wissen, aber messen ohne Wissen ist kein Wissen”

"Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen"

Användarvisningsbild
Nattlorden
Pumpkin/Redaktör

Inläggav Nattlorden » 2019-09-25 09:19

Morello skrev:Vore nog bättre om Tanner överlät det tekniska till de som faktiskt förstår vad de skriver.

De å sin sida hade skrivit på ett sätt som nästan ingen utöver du och Ingvar skulle uppskatta att läsa :wink: Man får skriva i nivå med tänkt läsarkrets.
It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Användarvisningsbild
RMA

Inläggav RMA » 2019-12-15 21:04

Hittade en sån här:
B135.jpg
B135.jpg (81.64 KiB) Visad 1313 gånger

Demo apparat från Norge till ett mycket bra pris.
Han kunde fixa DAC modul och fjärr till riktigt bra priser till den, så det blir det också.
Tänkte ha den till vardagsrummet då jag inte har någon ljudanläggning alls där.
Visade lite bilder till sambon på högtalare jag kunde tänka mig, dom flesta Carlsson modeller, Bremen äggen, pi25 och pi60.
Hon valde pi60! :P. Så Ingvars teknikbaserade design har tydligen ett bra WAF tal :) .
Hon kanske är lite hjärntvättad då jag haft i28 och i32 så länge vi känt varandra 8) .

Föregående

Återgå till Generellt om hifi